Saturday, August 27, 2011

THOR (2011)


"Whosoever Holds This Hammer,
If He Be Worthy, Shall Possess

The Power Of THOR"

I honestly never thought I would ever see a
movie baised on Thor.
Nor did I thought I would see one so
excilently crasted and amazingly done.

Personally this film was for a lack of
a better term amazing! I can't say I'm the
biggest Thor fan, but I have read my fair
share of Thor comics and stories and true
I have always enjoyed the character.
He has always been and fun and interesting
character to read or watch (Mostly in animated form) and
I have to say that this movie does so much justice to the
character it was unbelivable.

They did everthing that Thor should do. I loved the look
of Asguard complete with Rainbow brige. All the characters
looked like they were pretty much ripped from the comic pages.

I was kind of concerned about the Helmets, being alot of the
production pictures you seen Loki and Thor weren't wearing them
but you see Thor in his and of course Loki wearing his with the horns
so that made me very happy that they didn't neglect that part of the
costumes. I know it is a very minor thing but you have to please
the fan like me and we do enjoy the minor little things.

As I said they looked like their characters, when I think of Thor
what I picture was up on the screen. Same with all the other
characters I think this was due to the brilliant casting.
Anthony Hopkins was very good as Odin as was Natalie Portman
as Jane Foster she was pretty wonderful in this part.

I would have to say I did like her interaction and
chemistry with Chris Hemsworth's Thor who also did
a very impressive job as his character. I can't really picture
anyone else that character now, He truely nailed it.
but as I was saying about the couples interaction
it was loose, flirty and fun.

Speaking of fun, This film for an action movie had plenty
of humor there were some good laughs especially when Thor
arrives on Midgard (Earth) some of the jokes had me laughing
many of them are "fish out of water" things as Thor adjusts
to live on Earth. There is also a couple of running
gags as well as the dry humor that is brought with
the character of Agent Coulson (played by Clark Gregg)

Now like i said this was an action movie and there
was plenty of it. The fights on Earth when Thor tries
to reclaim the Hammer ( Mjölnir) were excilent and the
the battles when he was fully powered were spectlar!
and I didn't expect anything less. Also the amazing
superheroics were aided alot by the impressive
Visual Effects.

When the Hammer was used or thrown
it moved and reacted just how I imagened it would
and just how it is done in the comics.
The Frost Giants both effects wise and make-up
were very cool and very well done as was the
mechnical monster "The Destroyer"

I can't say enough good things about this movie
I compleatly loved it, every second of it!
I this is what we have in store for the rest of the
Marvel films then I can't wait!

Also stay tuned after the credits for and
extra scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment