Thursday, August 25, 2011

I am Number 4 (2011)



I remember seeing a few trailers and promo material
for this and thought it would be interesting and then I
actually heard some people saying that it was pretty good.

Now I have to agree with them, I myself thought it
was very good the story is as follows:

Extraordinary teen John Smith (Pettyfer) is a fugitive on the run from ruthless enemies sent to destroy him. Changing his identity, moving from town to town with his guardian Henri (Olyphant), John is always the new kid with no ties to his past. In the small Ohio town he now calls home, John encounters unexpected, life-changing events-his first love (Agron), powerful new abilities and a connection to the others who share his incredible destiny.

While watching it it felt very Superman or "Smallvilleish"
(probably due to the fact the screenplay was written by
Alfred Gough,Miles Millar)
where as in the guy was the last of his kind, he world
was destroyed and he is a Alien who wants to just be human..

Now don't get me wrong the movie being similar to Smallville
is not a bad thing being that I am or should I say was a
fan of the show, but it did remind me of it in that way
that it was very low key for a "Superhero/Sci-fi" movie.
Where its focused more on the story and the characters rather then
the powers and the epic battles. Don't get me wrong this film for all its
steady pace does have some actually spectacular stunts and action
as well as some very slick special effects, I liked how the main villains
the Mogadorian or "Mogs" looked but in a way they reminded me of the
"Kromagg " from the series "Sliders" also the giant lizard creatures
near the end were very cool I did like their design.
I also liked how the powers were used in this they aren't showy but
very good and fit in well with the rest of the film.

I thought the direction and the editing were very well done the writing
had a few cheesy lines but it is hardly noticeable
some might think the story was predictable but I didn't feel that
way. I also thought the acting was well done and they conveyed
great emotion in their parts. The explanation of what is going on
and why was good it didn't leave me with any questions.
All in all I enjoyed this one and wouldn't mind seeing the story continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment