Sunday, August 28, 2011

All Star Superman (2011)


Doomed Planet...
Desperate Scientists...
Last Hope...
Kindly couple..
SUPERMAN!

Sadly I have to say I didn't get to read the
actual books when they came out I would
have liked to. I heard they were really good
I'll have to at some point.

The books acording to Wikipedia:
All-Star Superman is a twelve-issue comic book
series featuring Superman that ran from
November 2005 to October 2008. The series was written by Grant Morrison,
drawn by Frank Quitely, digitally inked by Jamie Grant and published by
DC Comics. DC claimed that this series would "strip down the Man of Steel
to his timeless, essential elements".[1]


The series was the second to be launched in 2005 under DC's All-Star imprint,
the first being All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder. These series are
attempts by DC to allow major comics creators a chance to tell stories
showcasing these characters without being restricted by DC Universe continuity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Star_Superman

The basic story behind All Star Superman
Is Lex Luthor in his never ending conflict to best
the Man of Steel strikes not at Superman himself but
at the source of his powers..the Sun. Causing Superman to be poisoned by solar radiation.
As he is slowly dying Superman decides to fulfill his lifelong dreams, while at the same
time saving the Earth from various threats and with his remaining strength stop
Lex Luthor once and for all.

I would have to say with this New DC Universe Animated movie they seem to be getting
better and better. Being that I didn't have the chance to to read the books I felt the story
was kind of loose but still very good. I can't say I have any real complaints.
It has a very nice opening scene and I didn't think it had alot of music
when it did it was very subtle.

I would have to say that i like all the little fan moments in this it was truely
saturated with them, including a glimps of the Superman form the DC
story "DC 1 Million" which I'm apparently told this and the One Million
story are linked.

I also liked the Character designs and the animation was very well done
as well as the voice acting it for some reason made the characters
seem like they truly shared the same space.
I also like the depictions of both Luthor and Superman in this
it was a great version of Luthor he was in my opinion one of the best
renditions of the character I think I have seen. Also Superman
didn't come off a god like but he seemed more realistic more human
which was very nice.

There was some excellent action and I thought there were some
humorous moments as well like Jimmy's Cross dressing and Lois's
freak out at the Fortress of Solitude.

I would have to say this was one of the best so far the only
sad thing about it is it didn't some with a DC Animated Short
I wonder what happened there?

No comments:

Post a Comment