Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fire and Ice (1983)



Now I Always wanted to see this, but never truly
had the chance to. So when I finally had a chance
to sit down and watch it I was very excited.

I would have to say the opening titles were somewhat
bland being that is was just text on a black background
but the music itself truly made up for it.
That is one thing this film has is excellent music it can
be very dramatic.

I did find the pencil sketches during the prolog
very impressive as well as all the animation
itself. being that the animation was done through
the process of Rotoscoping which of course
gives the characters actions and movements
a very life like feel and look and helps
also in the movement of other things
such as the clothing and hair movement
as well a lip sync a more authentic look

I also like the character designs (especially the females)
they were a little bit more adult oriented in mind.
This isn't a little kinds movie it was targeted at adults.
Which I think there should be more of.
Animation alone is not just for children.

I don't really have any complaints
about this film I though all the
cityscapes were very well done as were
the Character Designs as I mentioned the
music and the scene with the skeleton
was really cool

But I must say The film itself was amazingly
good I enjoyed it and believe that is
is a perfect example of classic 80's Animation

If you like More adult animation such as
Heavy Metal then you should give this a
watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment