Friday, August 26, 2011

Battle Los Angeles (2011)



I wanted to see this being the trailers looked amazing
it just gave enough away to make you interested.
Now I have to say that this movie does deliver on the wow effect.
I would have to say that is is a worth follow up to ID4.
I think it could be an actual sequel to ID4 if it wanted to be.
Being that the aliens in that were amassing for a
ground assault and I always heard that any Sequel
to ID4 would feature a ground assault.

Anyway this movie I would have to say was better then
Skyline which came out last year. Even though they are
similar Battle Los Angeles had a better story, a better
build up to the alien attack and I felt the story for
Battle Los Angeles was more fleshed out and
had more detail also Battle Los Angeles had one thing that Skyline didn't
and that was an Explanation.

They actually gave reasons for the alines being on Earth they didn't just
show up and start tearing up the place. True you an argue Skyline was
from the "Average Joe" perspective and Battle Los Angeles is not.
But still they could have thrown in some reason.
I just felt Battle Los Angeles left no lingering question and it
actually has a conclusion unlike Skyline which just stopped.
But as for Battle Los Angeles the music was fitting the action was
explosive (pun intended) The acting was impressive especially
from Aaron Eckhart and Michelle Rodriguez.
The film even had moments of great drama and a slight bit of humor
in the beginning.
The visual effects were impressive and I also like the production
design, The creatures do remind me of the ones from ID4 and their
technology seems even Terminatorish but that is ok.
I thought as a whole the film itself was very good and I did
enjoy it greatly. I felt the camera work was very raw at times and
put you right in the action.
This movie is truely a edge of your seat thrill ride that I was
very happy to take a trip on.

No comments:

Post a Comment