Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sucker Punch! (2011)





Hmmm...How to talk about Sucker Punch?
its an oddly interesting movie but where do I
start? maybe at the beginning? sounds good!

First off I have to say I liked the opening logos in
the s curtans that was a classy touch I really liked that.
Now after the it has a quick start there isn't
anything spoken its all done with music which was
really cool all the music in this is pretty good it has an
amazing soundtrack but the music
fits everything as in what the characters are doing.

Now back to the start I liked the way the opening title
was displayed in the rain.
now I thought the story in the beginning was kinda wonky
like they were in the asylum then Bang they were
dancing girls in some club? I was wondering if I missed something or what?

Now I wrapped my mind around it quick becasue I thought maybe the music in the female
doctors treatments hypnotized or created this mass artificial world of the dance club..or
this was just the way that the character "Baby Doll" used to escape what was happening
to her in the asylum, but then that doesn't explain the action sequences...

I felt Sucker Punch was a movie similar to the likes of the Matrix and Inception where
it is all a dream with in a dream.. Also it has alot of Alice in Wonderland type of Ideas in
it and brings forth the "are you the dreamer of merely part of someone elses dream" type
of questions.

Now much like the music the action in this was purely amazing! as where the
visual effects I would have to say that this was pretty much a live action anime
as far as the action and effects go.
Also the action sequences had everything you could ever want.
Hot girls kicking ass, shooting guns, doing sword fights and Kung - Fu
Nazi Robot Zombies (yeah you hear me!) Dragons, Mechanized Robot Battle suits,
Giant Demon Samurai and pretty much anything else you could thing of...

Now personally I would have to say that is was like I said an oddly interesting movie
it is one of those movies where you like certain parts of it but not others
I felt that the action/adventure scenes were more interesting then the rest of
the film... Also this movie is a bit confusing becasue it seems to be taking place
in 3 different locations which are the Asylum, the Dance club and the "Dream scape"
where all the action happens when the character of "Baby Doll" dances
and speaking of which I don't fully understand the purpose of the dancing...
its one of the odd things about the film where she dances and everyone is transported
to this "Dream scape" This movie is one of those movies where the lines between reality
and fantasy blur. It seems to have an odd message about standing up for yourself and also
comes with some what of a bitter sweet ending..

I would have to say that it is a pretty Decent and some what
enjoyably fun movie but I also think it needs repeat viewings to truly
understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment