Friday, August 26, 2011

Scream 4 (2011)



Ah...Scream 4.
Well at first I thought this was never going to get made
and why should it? The series ended, The final chapter
took place and the Trilogy was caped off.

It was a good ending and Sydney was at peice with her
life. All was good then it happened..Scream4.
Why do we need a Scream 4?
The series was over and all was good or was it?

Now I didn't have much faith in Scream 4
"they'll ruin it!" I said "How will they do this with out
making it stupid?!?" I said. and the time came and
it was released and of course I went to see it...
Hoping against hope they didn't ruin it and I didn't have much faith in this movie
I was dredging it when the Dimension Films logo appear and the film started
and I watched....

Now I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the film..!!
that's right all my fears melted away while watching it, The film itself was
extremely thought out and very well put together.
From the opening scene which alone was amazing and funny, The story
captures you and you actually are left thinking: who is it? who is the Killer?
and the answer will surprise you.

Not only do the 3 main cast members return but you also have a few
more famous faces that you can see as well such as Anna Paquin, Kristen Bell,
Hayden Panettiere and Anthony Anderson to name a few.

Now even though this movie takes place 10 years after Part 3 the
original cast even though they look older don't miss a beat.
but some funny thing about the original cast that stood out
was Courteney Cox's face looks weird for the first part of the film.
people say she had a face lift and well it kind of shows, her face
looks lit it was stretched and she looks all weird.
Also Dewy's (David Arquette) limp and all that is gone?
I guess after 10 years nerve damage just disappears?
he must have had some amazing physiotherapy going on
becasue hey I'm no doctor but I wouldn't think after the
pretty much spinal nerve damage he suffered in the previous films
he would have the type of mobility he has in this one..
but then again that is just my opinion.

Anyway back to the the story of this film I would
have to say it is like half sequel and half remake in away
where it touches on all the elements of the original 3 films
while in introducing new things and new ideas.
It was I would have to say brilliantly written
all the referances and in jokes made me smile and laugh.

This film was well crafted and truly made for the fans
with plenty of love and I personally would like to thank
Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson for it.

As for the kills they were nicely done nothing over the top
or gory but they fit well in this film. The music was good
and welcomed and you can here the original theme
from the original movies in this as well.

but in the end I would have to say after all my fears and
all my doubts I was truly pleased with how this turned out.
All i can say if you were a fan of the original trilogy then give this
one a watch I don't think it will let you down.


No comments:

Post a Comment