Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Green Hornet (2011)


Now this is technically the First review of 2011

Green Hornet 2011

Now I have to say I am not the most familiar with
the character, He was before my time back when
my parents were kids. But I am
familiar enough through the various intuepation
and reruns of the TV show to know enough about
the characters.

I remember this film was said to be released in 2008
and would be written and directed by Kevin Smith but
3 years later the long awaited
Green Hornet film arrives staring Seth Rogen?
What the Hell? That's what
I said becasue when i think of Superheroes I don't think of him.
But I would have to say he slimmed down, gotten fit and made this work.
The movie it self wasn't all bad it was pretty good I did enjoy it quite a bit
There was some nice biting humor some things where funny thought I felt
that Seth Rogen's father at the first was a bit of a dick for breaking his
toy in the scene where he was a kid.
but even with that it was pretty good there was of course some amazing
action and stunts speaking of which the guy play Kato (Jay Chou) did amazing
job. I did like the nod they did to Bruce Lee with Kato's sketch book.

The gadgets were great and some nice vechlicer action as well.
The acting was quite good not much can be said for Seth Rogen's performance
but everyone else was very enjoyable especially Cameron Diaz.
As for the Villain (Christoph Waltz) He was a very likable as a villain and did
look good in red. The effects such as kato's "Targeting system"
reminded me of the one used by the Predators.
one of the best scenes in the whole movie is the "piecing it together"
sequence at the sushi bar it was very cool.
So was the closing credits sequence. I also have to say I did like the music
in this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment