Saturday, September 4, 2010

Twilight: ECLIPSE

The 3rd chapter in what some call the greatest motion picture
saga of all time...TWILIGHT!

Now I will have to say I'm not a big fan of the Twilight saga
I never read the books I'm not all OMG! TEAM EDWARD/JACOB!
I'm a dude who of course is straight I could care less about this
I only watch it becasue it is popular and I am just trying to
assess why it is so popular.
Now surprisingly this will not include any jokes, puns or jabs
to the series like my toughs on the Second (New Moon) did
becasue this was of course surprisingly better then the first 2
especially the second one.

This one had a pretty good start to it almost on a horror
level which was quite interesting. After the opening title
we meet up with Bella and Edward as she is still pushing the
issue of being turned into a vampire and he does spend most
of the movie trying to dissuade her from making that choice.
and not only he is doing it by Bella had a what I felt was
a real heart felt talk the blond vampire Rosalie about not
becoming a vampire.
Not only is various vampires trying to dissuade Bella, but also
Jacob is as well but as I watch I feel that he is somewhat doing it
for selfish reasons also most like he only wants her to to stick it
to Edward and be able to say that he won. That the way I see it
anyway. I also found there is alot of awkwardness between
Bella and Jacob you can see that she does like him and does care for him
but at the sometime she doesn't care for him as much as he does for her
and any romantic affection does feel forced.
Also there is an abundance of scantly clad men running around in this
I know this is primarily for women but holy crap! In like I'd say
90-95% of the the time Jacob was on screen he was shirtless wearing
some shorts. its like wow.. there was a scene where is was snowing
and he was running around in just shorts.
There is a scene with Jacob and Edward are trying to protect Bella
and Edward turns to her and says "Doesn't he own a shirt? "
which made me laugh becasue I couldn't agree more.
One thing I did really like in this was the flashbacks
The one about how the Vampires meet the Wolves and the story
Rosalie tells Bella and the one about Jasper I felt that they
actually fleshed out the characters more for someone who didn't
read the books which was very good.
I also like the scene where Bella is visiting her mom
I that that much like the scene with Rosalie was very heart felt
her mom was excited about Bella's future but at the same time
Bella is in a round about way trying to say good bue to her.
it is a bit of a sad scene but doesn't look overly sad
As for the rest I thought it was quite nicely filmed
there were some very nice scenic shots as well as the effects were
better in this then in the previous 2 especially the wolves I found they
were more realistic in this.
The battle where the Cullen's and the Wolves team up to take on the
"New Borns" was nicely done as well. but one thing had me thinking though
whenever a Vampire was hit it sounded like glass breaking or grinding?
also when a vampire lost a limb it was very crystal like on the severed
end? why is that? that is one thing that hand me thinking...
Anyway as I said this was quite good, it was better then the first 2
and especially better then the second. It had some humorous parts as well
as some nice action through out.

No comments:

Post a Comment