Friday, September 10, 2010

G.I. Joe

Just a side note I recently finished watching the entire G.I. Joe 80's Animated Series
including both the Animated Movie as well as G.I. Joe: Resolute

G.I. Joe: The Movie (1987)

With its recent release on DVD I picked a copy up and being that
I haven't seen it in years it would be quite the watch.
It is of course wonderfully animated and features a new opening theme
different from the show but not as good as the theme for the
Transformers Animated movie.
also I noticed there was some music used in this that was used in the
Transformers one. The Cobra-La chant is still stupid after all these years
and one of the funny thing is in the opens credits is where it lists
Sgt. Slaughter as Sgt. Slaughter
honestly who else is going to be Sgt. Slaughter?
but this was a great DVD transfer the only thing that it lacks was some
special features like a "why we did a movie" that type a thing but it is
good all the same.

G.I. Joe: Resolute

I must say I was extremely impressed by this.
it was beautifully animated and felt more like a live action feature
then an animated project. It is more for the adult fan then for little
kids there is plenty of violence and blood. Its pretty much I think
on pare with the DC and Marvel animated features when it is more grown up.
It does feature all the familiar favorites and even some familiar voices
Steve Blum (Wolverine in both Wolverine and the X-Men & Hulk VS.)
plays Duke. There is a few changes in it such as Dialtone is a Woman in this
as well as some references to the series.
In short if the Live Action Movie "Rise of Cobra" is how everything started
then this would be how everything ends.
All in all I loved this it was perfect and wouldn't mind seeing more like this.
Also there is a Scene After the end credits.

Now you know and Knowing is half the Battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment