Thursday, September 16, 2010

Halo Legends (2010)

Now I bet people are thinking I have watched this in gleeful
anticipation of Halo:Reach (OMG! Halo:Reach!) the apparent final game
in the series. They would be wrong in that assumption being that I'm not
a fan of Halo (Gasp! Blaspheme!) and I do not even own a Xbox (because its huge?)
I did though play some Halo 3 at some point and am familiar with the characters and story
but like I said I'm not a fan.

I mainly watched this mainly becasue it was animated, That's it.
Now this is one of those Anthology things with a collection of stories
similar to Batman: Gotham Knight (2008) and The Animatrix (2003)
but it has more in common with the The Animatrix.
Where it shows thing that I believe you do not see in the games
like the History of Halo in the first 2 shorts which are called
"Origins" . Each Short has it own unique style as it tells its story
with in the Halo Universe. Many of them are very Dramtic, serious and
action packed where as the I believe the 5th one (there are 7 in total) called
"Odd One Out" is more comedic and will probably get a chuckle out of you.

The the shorts were very well done and each ones different style was
very good and it felt like it really lent itself perfectly to that particular piece
the animation was good as was the music and I think any fan of Halo would
really enjoy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment