Friday, September 3, 2010

MacGruber

MACGRUBER!!! *que explosions that sound like a panther or other large cat roaring*

Now I have heard alot of negative things about this film but
like always I would rather experience
it for myself before I form an opinion, I know I'm crazy like that.
anyway... This is a SNL (Saturday Night Live) movie that is a
parody of I would say the 80s action-adventure films and TV as you can
tell in the main character is a parody of
the character Macgyver (which was played by Richard Dean Anderson)
which I myself did watch as a kid.
Now I would have to say that this film had a good start to it and the opening
titles and theme where pretty funny but I would have to say that is where it
pretty much stopped, becasue there wasn't many or even hardly any laughs
after that, the movie itself was somewhat stupid and I kept wondering if the
MacGruber character was retarded in a servery mentally challenged type of
way and was actually wondering about the competency of the people
who were entrusting him with the fate of the world.
I personally would rather Austin Powers on my side then MacGruber.
Also a in 80s action movie fashion the "hero" get some love from
his love interest which I didn't need to see in this case being the scene
MacGruber looked like he was a chimp being electrocuted in some way
and to make things worse after that awkward scene the has another
with the apparent ghost of this dead wife! which was twice as worse
also the running jokes of the celery stock up the butt and MacGruber
being a little to eager to suck everyone's dick weren't funny at all.
I have to feel sorry for Val Kilmer who played the villian in this
he was great as the villain too bad the hero came off as someone with the
IQ of a sponge.
One of the funny parts in the film as the cameos of WWE superstars
(Chris Jericho, Mark Henry MVP, The Great Khali, Kane and The Big Show)
who were MacGruber's unit before retiring and now live civilian lives
MacGruber seeks them out to help him with the mission, but after getting them
back together and being an idiot he blows them up.
that was funny but I didn't much care for the scene of The Big Show kissing
another guy. All in all this film is rather stupid, its not really funny at all
its more I'd say uncomfortably awkward then funny or even good.
























No comments:

Post a Comment