Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Faster 2010



The Rock is back in action! *que Heavy metal guitar riff*

The first thing I noticed about this film was the opening logos
(yes the logos again) the first one was CBS Films and I was
thinking CBS Films? CBS as in the TV Channel??

Anyway after thinking about that I would have to say
this movie lived up to its name it was pretty fast. Your basic
story is just this: The Rock who's character is just called The
Driver (that is one think I liked about this was the main character's
names are more like titles The Driver, The Cop, The Killer..)
and his brother were bank robbers and they end up getting screwed
over by someone and it results in the Rock's brother getting killed.
After he gets out of Prison for the bank robbery's He goes on a mission to hunt
down the people who screwed him over and killed his brother.
The story is simple as that.

You end up finding out all the back story though flashback and there is 2 second subplots
from the main story involving as I mention above The Cop and The Killer. As the movie
rolls on you find out all the little details like the importance of the One Dollar Bills
(you have to watch to understand it). As for the movie itself it was quite good it was a good
revenge movie, The one man alone against the world to avenge a wrong done to him or
someone close to him. It reminded me of stuff like Walking Tall or Get Carter
(The Stallone version, I never the original) It has some very nice action as well as
some great car chases.
No real stunts I found it was pretty down and gritty not alot of Flash.
The music was pretty good also it was also very dramatic and Emotional at times I thought
it was a very well rounded and enjoyable watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment