Monday, June 6, 2011

Tangled 2010


Biased on the original story of Rapunzel comes the Disney adaptation "Tangled" of course in 3D!
Now I know what you're thinking. This is some piece of "Disney princess crap" why are you watching it?
Well you would be wrong on it being crap and the reason I went to see this is because the trailers and previews looked funny and it is no lie this movie was hilarious! I felt that every joke and gag was a hit it will have you laughing out loud that's for sure. I would have to say probably 2 of the funnest characters were the little chameleon "sidekick" Pascal and the ever faithful and Mighty horse Max (or Maximus). Not only did I find this movie funny but this movie has a fair bit of action which is really well done and very quite exciting which brings me to the animation.

I would have to say the animation alone is amazing its is very fluid and life like I was just somewhat blown away by that alone. You could probably watch this with the sound off and still get that wow effect. I would have to say that it was all the little things character wise that really sold this to me. Such as the scene in the woods where Flynn Rider is telling Rapunzel the story about his childhood and she kind of scoots her butt towards him more and puts her head in her hands eager to listen. I felt that was very life like and very realistic in the animation. It was all kinds of stuff like that the little thing that really sold this for me.

Personally I would have to say this was one of the absolute best animated films I seen in 2010, I would also go so far and say it was also one of the best animated films I have seen ever!

As for the Character modeling and design it was excellent. I did like how everything looked and the whole feel of the world I can't really complain. I also thought at first they were going to over do it with the music and make it bloated like the previous film The Princess and the Frog (its the fifth one down on the link) but it is nice and evenly spaced out.

The voice acting was great Mother Gothel (voiced by Donna Murphy) some what made me think of a Female version of Jafar from Aladdin. I also thought the voice for the Captain of the Guard was Robert Remus (better know as Sgt. Slaughter) but in fact it was M.C. Gainey.

In the end I greatly enjoyed this movie. I have to say I loved it quite a bit and that is pretty much all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment