Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Social Network (2010)



First off I have to say I'm not a big fan of the whole Facebook thing. I am not on Facebook and I feel there is no need to be on Facebook to begin with I find it at this time a waist of time I know people who spend countless hours on there its just not for me. what would I write about? and who would actually care about what I'm doing. Now true it does have some benefits but in my view the other stuff out weighs the good. Like with this (the blog) what I am doing here I have some thing to write about I have a goal, on Facebook what is the goal?
Speaking of which we should get back on track..

Now first off David Fisher Directed this and well I did like this other movies like Se7en and Zodiac but a movie about Facebook?...ok?
and I was also surprised that Keven Spacy was a producer. When it comes to movies like this I always wonder how much of it is actually true and how much of it is was just I guess you would say "made up for the movie" much like the film "Pirates of Silicon Valley" which is about the creation of Microsoft if you ever get a chance to see that one you should do so.
anyway I was very pleased how this movie turned out the one thing I really liked that actually caught my eye was the editing and how it was done it was very interesting it seemed to jump back and forth from the passed to the present/future like the characters were actually telling the story of how this all came about and everything leading up to that point. One main thing I did find odd about this was the background music I felt that it didn't really fit into the over all film the music to me sounded so foreboding at times like it was this ominous thing that was suppose to happen, it was suspenseful I didn't understand why it was used for this film what can I really say it probably wouldn't have been my choice.
One of the things I like about the movie was the character of Zuckerberg the way he was presented in this film made me laugh about becasue he reminded me a lot of myself in various situations which brought up the question does he have ADHA or possibility Asperger's Syndrome?
I don't know if he does or not you could probably easily find that out but from this it makes me think that he does.

I also liked how the University president handled the complaint from the Winklevoss (that name in itself is a crime, it sounds like some type of elf) I don't believe that they had the right to sue Zuckerberg over Facebook from what I know which was presented in the film, I don't think they had an offical contract with him to make a social network site. From that I remember the Winklevoss asked Zuckerberg to help them with a "school project" and they tell him their idea which was basically a rip off of Myspace (which is of course mentioned in the movie) and he takes that idea and doesn't really do anything for them and builds something of this own based on that idea that they shared with him they can't really sue him. Now if they had stuff already made and copyrighted then sure but from what I could see in the film I don't think they did . They were just doing a thing for school and Zuckerberg made it global.

Also speaking of Pirates of Silicon Valley there is a scene in here of "Bill Gates " talking to students about the next big computer idea during a lecture at the University that this takes place at.

Now another aspect of this was the breaking up of a friendship which is not always good what happened to Eduardo was very sad and shouldn't have happened , especially not the way it did. you have to feel sorry for him especially when you see him with that Christy he was dating she was one crazy ass bitch! but still he was screwed over by what I could see as his best friend.
Now with something like this there are usually two types of people there is creative people and there are business people. Zuckerberg is creative and Eduardo is business. Also from time to the time business and creative don't get along all creative wants to do is create and business is worrid about money and they but heads alot over costs of doing projects.
Now these two were good friends and they would have remained that way if there wasn't outside interference Sean Parker of Napster fame who became some what of Zuckerberg's mentor and who is portrayed as this crazy/paranoid guy who thinks everyone is out to get him . Now the problem with Parker is that he is also a creative guy and does have some influence with Zuckerberg, 2 creative guys on the same page they usually form a fast bond and that isn't good for Eduardo who is the lone Business man. Eventually being that they are "best friends" now Parker starts becoming a bad infulence and begins to start talking Zuckerberg into doing things that he really shouldn't and that is when Eduardo starts to loose control of the situation which leads to this explousion from the company being from what I could see Parker starts telling Zuckerberg he is better off with out him which isn't true and leads to the sad conlusion.
But in the end the film was very good and was of course deserving of all the praise that it was given.

No comments:

Post a Comment