Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader 2010



Well I finally seen the 3rd Narnia Film.
I have to say I never read the books I had only seen the movies.
Now I did like the first one it was easy to follow, I liked pretty much everything about it I'd say. Also for the second I'd have to say I didn't really enjoy the second I felt that it was the opposite of the first where it wasn't easy to follow and the story seemed to be everywhere and from what I remember it just seemed to be some what of a mess.

Now the Main reason I went to see this was that I had seen the other 2 and you can't leave things undone. I would have to say that it was a return to the first where where they actually have a quest and a some what straight forward adventure.
An Evil has griped Narnia and the heroes must journy to the heart of such evil and stop it
before it destroys everything. The one thing that I didn't like was there was no explanation
on where the "Evil" came from? it was some what like "The Nothing" in the Never Ending Story.
It's just there and is swallowing up everything.

Also there were a couple of thing I felt that were somewhat cliche like the Bratty
"know it all" cousin who doesn't believe in fantastical fairy tale things and through the
course of the film the experience of the adventure changes his mind and be becomes a
better person becasue of it. Another thing was the appearance of the sea serpent it reminded
me of the scene from Ghostbusters where Gozer says "Choose! Choose the form of the Destructor!"
and Ray thinks of the the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.. I felt that it worked the same way.

Now the movie as a whole was pretty good, As I said above the story has a nice flow to
it there was a bit of humor and of course the production design was impressive as were
the creature character designs. The one footed elf like people where very interesting as
well as the Minotaur (who was of course in the previous films) and the Dragon.

There was done beautifully with as well as the rest of the Visual effects in the film.
The movie had some really nice action pieces mixed in with the questing story.
So it was an enjoyable watch and a nice closing to the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment