Sunday, July 3, 2011

Gladiatress (2004)



I thought I would give this movie a chance from the case art which isn't much.
but something just said watch me in it. To sum up this movie in a few words it is basically Ridley Scott & Russell Crowe's Gladiator done in the style of
Mel Brooks' Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

The story is basically about 3 sisters and the quest
to save there village and also for the youngest and
looked down upon sister who is ironically named
"
Worthaboutapig" to find her dream husband. When Caesar
continues his push in to conquering Britain one little village stands
in their way and the village elders send the bumbling but well meaning
"
Worthaboutapig" off on a grand quest to find the Eldest
sister who is a brave and noble warrior. She is later joined by the middle
sister as they recruit the eldest and bring her home.

I would have to say this movie was funny, It truly made me smile at many times
and I would have to say I did get a great laugh out of the whole thing.
the writing was very good and very funny. The music was great and the use
of cartoonish sound effects added to the humor of this film.

There were many great scenes in this that should have you laughing. its
one of those films that is silly but at the same time plays it off as being serious
while watching this I would thinking that the character of "Worthaboutapig"
which is played by Sally Phillips and who is probaby the best character in this
whole film, started to remind me of another character Anna Faris' Cindy Campbell
from the Scary Movie series. I was thinking that Cindy Campbell was probably
one "Worthaboutapig"s descendents being that they came off a somewhat similar
they probably share a branch on the family tree..

but all in all I would have to say this was a pretty good movie I did enjoy it alot
and thought it was rather well done and was alot of fun, So if your looking for a
few laughs and like films like Gladiator, Robin Hood: Men in Tights and
Scary Movie I would give this a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment