Thursday, September 15, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)



I was overly excited to see this I couldn't wait and
I would have to say it was worth the wait! this movie
in one word is spectacular!
ok i can't use just one..it was uplifting and in
a away inspirational.
Inspiration as in one man can make a difference and
that being a true hero doesn't come from fancy powers or
flashy weapons but it comes from with in.. it comes from the
heart.

I would have to say I loved how this film started
and where it quickly started to go..
It is excellent in its execution, It take place during
World War II and follows the story of Steve Rodgers
and how he became Captain America
as he tries and fails to enlist in the army but is deemed unfit for military service
due to his size and medical problems and is turned down but gets invited to
take part in the secret Super Solider Project.
And becomes the only person who successfully does survives the procedure
of the ill fated program and with his new found strength goes on to fight
the Nazis and The Villainous Hydra lead by the Evilly Ruthless Red Skull.

I felt this was a perfect adaption of Captain America
It couldn't have been any better!
I liked how they used the "Original costume"
in the the USO sequences and those sequences
alone were very funny and somewhat showed how
he became know as "Captain America"

I have to also say I like how they handled The Red Skull
also the Make-up and effects were truly amazing
and Hugo Weaving's portrayal of the character was perfect!
He was truly the Red Skull in look and fell I was very pleased!

I was somewhat concerned about Chris Evans as Steve Rodgers
but after seeing him in action I would have to say my
worries melted away he was perfect for this part.

I also loved the nods of bucky (soon to be Winter Soldier)
played by Sebastian Stan)
and the punching of Hitler in the Jaw during the USO show was just like
the actual first issue. (which they do show in the film)
I also liked how they showed how he received this
actual suit and shield and the motorcycle.

I even like how they worked in "the Howling commandos"
but there was no cameo shot of Hugh Jackman.. becasue
Captain America did Meet Wolverine in World War II (lol)

Like I said about Evans and Weaving the acting and portrayals
in this film where really genuine and heartfelt especially
from Dr. Abraham Erskine (played by Stanley Tucci)
as well as Tommy Lee Jones who plays
Colonel Chester Phillips

The visual effects, the stunts, music, the writing
and simply the action itself were all very impressive
and were crafted with such heart that this movie
wins on so many levels.
there truly was not a moment in this film
where I was not smiling.
I can't say enough about this one
it has humor, laughs, emotion, hard hitting action
and heart.. Hats off to you Marvel
I can't wait until next summer where it all comes together..

and speaking of which, don't forget to watch after the
credits for a glimpse of what this is all leading up to.

Also this poster is just so amazingly good I had to share it

No comments:

Post a Comment