Thursday, September 15, 2011

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)



again for the third time we follow the war of the
Autobots and the Decepticons. In what many are
saying is the last film of the series.
I went to see this and of course in 3D (OoOoOoO...!)
I would have to say I did quite enjoy this, I thought it
was truly a spectacular film and was pretty much happy
with all of it. They open with Optimus Prime telling a story
much like in the previous films and from this sequence you
can tell the visuals will be spectacular
and tie in the moon landing into this vast but very
engaging film. After that bit of explanation we find our
hero Sam living with a new lady. I'm not sure if I like
her more then Megan Fox..
this Rosie Huntington-Whiteley I think she does a very good
job I do like her especially her accent. Although you would have to get use to her
being she was only in the one movie were Fox was in the first two. but I would have to
say I did feel this Rosie Huntington-Whiteley did seem to have a little more chemistry
with Shia LaBeouf though.
Anyway, you can feel Sam Witwicky's frustration at the first of the film where
he is having a hard time adjusting to just being a regular guy again, and getting a job after
he saved the world twice in fact, but as Optimus Prime
said in the second one (Revenge of the Fallen) "fate rarely calls upon us at a
moment of our choosing." and is pulled back into the world of excitement.

I would have to say that the over all plot of the film itself is more in tune with the
actual show there is even a two part story in the original Generation 1 (G1) animated series
that is very similar to this. I also like that they brought more of the fan favorite things
into the films such as Optimus Prime's trailer, The cyclopic Decepticon Shockwave
and the winged Lazerbeak. it was also great to see Soundwave in his robot form.
Also Leonard Nimoy as the voice of Sentinel Prime was very well cast and for those
who don't know this isn't his first time as a Transformer he also voiced Galvatron in
the 1986 Animated movie. There were some nice moments with Sentinel and Optimus
and when Sentinel's "deception" comes to light I was thinking to myself "you don't deserve
the title of Prime"

Also yes what would Transformers be will out some great humor, the jokes
were of course very well crafted and I would have to say witty and they do invoke
some nice laughs out of you two of the most odd characters were the wacky
Jerry Wang (played by Ken Jeong) and sams boss Bruce Brazos (played by John Malkovich) .
also the Charlotte Mearing or just Mearing as she is know in the film
(played by Frances McDormand) came off as a bit hateful but she does have
some humor in here as well and we can't forget Shia who is always funny in these
and with the awkward moments with Sam's parents (played by Kevin Dunn and Julie White ).
I also think this film was nicely shot with great cinematography, with many beautiful shots
and I do think brilliant directing. I know alot of people crap all over Michael Bay and I don't
see why?

He makes movies that are fun and exciting, movies that people can enjoy and
which are pure escapist entertainment becasue isn't that why we go to the movies to escape?
this isn't a documentary and you have to say that they take it as serious as they can
I mean how serious can you take a story about giant robots from outer space who are locked
in a brutal civil war? I mean come on! I think Bay was the perfect person to handle these
films, becasue that is what you want to see, robots fighting, and Laser beams and gun fights
and explosions becasue that is what you had in your imagination when you were a kid on the
living room floor playing with the toys.

This just brings that to life on the screen and does it ever! the action was amazing
spectacular! there were some awe inspiring stunt work and practical effects in this that
only heightened the visual effects experience. The visual effects them self were amazing.
I find with each new film the transformations seem to become more complex looking and
more detailed,

So do the Transformers themselves I find that the 3D characters are more detailed then
the originals from the 2007 or even the 2009 movie. I also think that the facial animations for
say Optimus Prime have become more human and expressiveness where you can see and
notice suttle things that ad to the over all I guess you would say "performance" of the CG
created character and that makes them more believable.

All in all I felt this film was truly amazing, with its nice score and music usage
to its excellent writing with very good heroic lines and cheeky humor.
To the impressive practical stunts and visual effects, to the feeding of the fans of
The Transformers and giving them exactly what they want.
To finally the continuing story of finding your
place in this world and the Universe at large.
This film in my opinion is a must see and is a true Summer Movie spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment