Sunday, November 27, 2011

Colombiana 2011



I had a More detailed review of Colombiana but
sadly I can't seem to find the Text Document that it was
typed up in... but anyway I hope this is good enough:

I would have to say I really enjoyed this film I seen
the few trailers that were shown and I thought
that it might be a good movie and I wasn't wrong.
The story basically follows the character of
Cataleya (played by Zoe Saldana who played Neytiri
from Avatar) it starts out as she is a little
girl and her father is working undercover for the
US government, and he is found out and
he and his wife are killed but Cataleya escapes and makes her way to the US embassy
and from there to the US to live with her Uncle who is actually a high level Hitman.

With revenge in her heart and mind, re reluctantly trains her to become an
assassin for hire known as "Colombiana", when she is older she starts picking off
various people in hopes that the people who killed her family surface, which they
eventually do and she begins to take them out one by one until she gets up to the
head boss.

Like I said this was a really good movie, I enjoy and support the female
action heroes. I find they at times can be just as good if not better
then a movie staring a Male lead. I liked the various scenes
where you can see her struggling to lead a "normal"
while at the same time persuading this job of killing
people for money. It was very interesting to see the conflict
between her having a day to day life and her job.

I also thought that the acting was very well done as well
as alot of the action and stunt work, was pretty impressive
especially the whole sequence in the police station.
I thought that was pretty cool.

In the end I thought this was a very good action movie
and also a really good revenge story as well it was some what
classic in a way but it didn't feel like it was, it felt like a whole
new concept.

If I were to sum this movie up and relate it to something
I would say it was similar to The Punisher (2004)
being that it had almost the similar themes.
but like i said I thought it was really well done and was a very good watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment