Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cowboys and Aliens (2011)


Now the title alone screams watch me!
So I had to, I thought the concept of this was
very interesting and different and I wanted to
see how this all worked out.

Now I have said to people many times that
I'm not a big fan of westerns probably because
they were pretty much before my time. Now I have
watched plenty of westerns but they just never clicked
with me, I'm a child of Star Wars and like my
"space stories" as the older generation calls them.
I'm more Buzz Lightyear then Sheriff Woody.
Now I seen some interesting movies
similar to this so it is not a totally new idea but still
as I said interesting and different.

As for the movie itself I thought it was pretty good, I felt it became
better as it moved along and you had the chance to learn more about
the characters and the situation. I felt that it focused on
pretty much i would say classic character archetypes.
but that is not a bad thing.

Also at the first of the movie I felt the dialog and acting was very
stiff and what what staticey but the movie looses this as it progresses.
There was some slight "action movie" humor that gave me a chuckle.

Overall I thought the acting was pretty good I thought it was a
bit funny watching Harrison Ford as a villain around the first of the film.
he seemed to really play it up, but I did like alot of the moments he shared
with Daniel Craig. I also like the performance by Olivia Wilde (Quorra from
Tron: Legacy) she is somewhat mysterious and you don't find out her true
purpose until the middle of the movie.

Like I said there was some nice humor, one of the best jokes is when the
characters find out what the aliens want and Ford's Characters reaction
to it is very funny. Speaking of aliens I did like the creature designs
in this I thought it was very cool and liked the look of the creatures
I would have to say I was impressed by them they had a nice design
and I did thing the "chest arms" that they had were a very cool idea.

I also liked the designs of the little ships or "scout ships"
that would snatch up the people I thought those had a very unique look.
The visual effects, the stunts and the action were all nicely done.
Even the music was very good.

I have to say I enjoyed the film and if your looking for something
fun, entertaining with a little different concept then give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment