Saturday, April 30, 2011

Salt (2010)


I had wanted to see this for a while it did look good from the various
trailers and TV spots I seen so I wanted to give it a chance.
and I finally did. I would have to say the opening scene was a bit crazy
but you quickly move past it and I would have to say I did like
the opening title it was pretty cool.

Now this film is some what of an action/ spy thriller
that has plenty of twists and turns. through out the
back story you find out that Russia had created a program
to turn out the ultimate spy (who turns out to be Angelina Jolie)
in kinda of a "Reverse Captain America" type of way
now that might not be an accurate way of putting it but that is
what came to my mind when I thought about it.
Now with this super spy they plan to trigger a
series of events that will probably bring about World War 3
as Salt (Jolie) races against time to to figure out this
mystery and prove her innocence.

This also stars Liev Schreiber (who I always refer to as Cotton Weary, lol)
and he seems to have nice chemistry with Jolie in this film when
they share a scene together. which was pretty cool.

Now I felt there was some predictable things in this film
while watching it. I was thinking "such and such is going to do this"
and they did. I'm not going to tell you which scenes I found predictable
I just want you to enjoy this film.

Now like I said this was very action packed and it does have some great
action in it some nice fights and stunts such as Jolie scaling the
apartment building and descending the elevator shaft as well as
the jumping from vehicle to vehicle on the free way.
that was all pretty cool. I also think she can pretty much still
kick plenty of ass.

this also had some nice make-up effects the part where she was
dressed and made to look like a man was pretty impressive.

I also didn't see the twist coming near the end.
which was pretty good. this also had some nice music to it as well

One thing that bugged me while watching this was in the initial
chase scene I was wondering "what does she have on her feet" while
she was running through the city and it seemed like she was wearing
some heeled boots? I would think if you were going to be running
for your life you would have something less strenuous on your feet
something like sneakers but I guess not. also I thought she would
cut her hair at some point after or before she dyed it.. they would be looking
for someone with her hair length and then it wouldn't be whipping all over the
place but I guess that's just me..

anyway this was a pretty good movie like I said it had some nice
action and a good story that does keep you interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment