Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Muppets (2011)



I remember watching the Muppet show when i was a kid.
it was great I have many memories of it and how I enjoyed it
they were big when I was little. I remember watching the movies
"The Muppet Movie", "The Great Muppet Caper",
and of course The Muppets Take Manhattan

But as time goes on things do go out of style somewhat
I remember when Jim Henson died.. one of the images I'll
never forget is I think it was from either Life or Time Magazine
on the over it had a directors chair that said Jim Henson on it
and Kermit hang off the top of it.

In my opinion He was a great man and a true visionary
as well as a creative genius the world needs more people
like him. Also in the film this is a scene what plays
tribute to him that made me smile. I think he would
have loved this movie.

But as I said as time goes on things go out of style
the Muppets had a few features in the 90s but I think
they did poorly and alot of them were direct to video.

They were all but forgotten then a few years ago
the Muppet Show had a anniversary it was something
like 30th? I'm not sure but there was renewed interest
for a while and then it faded off again.

The Muppets were pretty much forgotten..Until now.

The movie basically centers around two brothers
(one who is apparently a Muppet) who are life long
fans who take a trip to LA to visit Muppet Studios
and find out that an evil oil tycoon is planing
to tear now the beloved studio which has gone
into disrepair. The young Muppet Walter (voiced by Peter Linz)
must gather the Muppets (who have disbanded) together
again for one final show and reintroduce them to a world that has
moved on and pretty much forgotten them.

The over all story for this is simplistic but at the
same time it works so brilliantly for this movie
becasue this movie focuses more on the comedy then
anything else and I would have to say that this
film is funny, there were so many good jokes and
gags in this film. I don't want to give away anything
if you haven't seen it yet, but its not short on the
hilarity there was very little time that I wasn't smiling
and/or laughing at this. This film was also filled
with plenty of fond happy memories.

Like always with the Muppets there is singing in this
and the songs are not over done but are well put together
and at the same time funny. also what would the Muppets
be with out Celebrity guests the the list of names are
very long with people like Zach Galifianakis, Ken Jeong,
Sarah Silverman, Whoopi Goldberg,Neil Patrick Harris,
Selena Gomez and on and on one person I thought for sure
who would be in this was Justin Bieber but he wasn't
I guess he doesn't like the Muppets..
The only thing I didn't like about this movie
was the scene from the Trailer featuring Danny Trejo

The acting was perfect the comedy was a hit each time
and funny, The Muppet puppeteering and effects were
the best and any and all visual effects were seamlessly
excellent

This film was nothing short of amazing! Like I said it was
filled with fun, laughs, plenty of fond happy memories.
It shares a lovely message about the importance of
family and friendships and what can be done when we work
together and introduces a whole new generation to what the world
need more of, which is togetherness. It also shows you that even if you
feel out of place there is always somewhere that you'll fit in and were
you feel like you belong.

So I highly recommend this film, if you grew up with them
or just want to introduce your kids to the zany wackiness
that you enjoyed at a kid then, take them to see this they'll
lovely it, and you will too.


but sadly not everyone likes the Muppets...

No comments:

Post a Comment