Saturday, December 17, 2011

Immortals (2011)


One man must rise against an unstoppable army, lead
his people and become Immortal...

This is loosely based off the stories of Theseus as
he goes on a quest to find the Epirus Bow and stop the
Evil King Hyperion. I wanted to see this becasue
the trailers looked very cool and I'm a fan of all the
Greek Mythology. Now this was quite the film all the action
and effect shots were amazing. The fights and the action were

very quick and brutal. This movie for one doesn't
pull any punches. Its uncompromising, Unflinching, vicious,
bloody and basically gory. Some scenes might make
you want to turn your head and wince, namely
the "Ball Busting" scene.

There are exploding heads and bodies in slow motion! Even though the
slow motion fights were very impressive they are extremely graphic
and...in 3D! with blood splashing towards you.
Speaking of 3D it was pretty good effect especially in the fast and
slow paced fights and yes there was even nudity..Nudity in 3D!

I would all so like to say I liked the production design as well as the
costumes they were excellently done. I loved all the various masks
Hyperion and his army wore. The Designs were all Unique and interesting
especially the one for "the Minotaur" Even though the production
design was very good they didn't do alot on a big scale it seemed that this
all tood place in the same general area. There was some Interesting landscapes
but not much. I think alot of the production went into the fine details.

One of the things That I thought really sold the movie was the music .
The Sound Track for this was incredible! The acting wasn't bad either
Mickey Rourke does a great villain and the guy soon to be the
New Man of Steel (Henry Cavill) was very good as well I would have to say
I believed in this anger and this reasons for rising up. as for Freida Pinto
she did well also especially in one key scene, you'll probably know the one
I'm talking about...

As for the story I felt it was kind of loose it reminded me of things like
Gladiator and the Scorpion King. The whole film seemed like it was a cross
between 300 and Clash of the Titans (2010). One of the major problems I had
with it was the depiction of the Gods to me they didn't seem very God like..
I for some reason expected something more I felt the Gods in movies like
Percy Jackson and Clash of the Titans (2010) were better compared to the ones
in this, but in the end..

If you are looking for some deep hysterical epic this is not that. If your looking for
something driven by pure action and visual effects then I think this is the one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment