Monday, December 19, 2011

The Great Debate Star Wars Vs. Star Trek

With this Video the debate continues what is better: Star Wars or Star Trek?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BYNdTHjstI


So I think I'm going to weigh in on this thing
I also have various Ideas about the 2. Personally I always felt
that Star Trek was very claustrophobic at times were most of it
took place on the Enterprise or some other ship. True they did go
to different worlds and had different things going on but still the
majority of it took place in this enclosed space. Now I can't say that
I ever been a true fan of Star Trek I do like many of the ideas that it
puts forth like replicators, HoloDecks, characters such as Data and
the idea that humanity put aside its pettiness and is work toward a
common goal. But as a whole I can't say I truly enjoyed Star Trek.
in my opinion the saving grace of the franchise was the new movie
by jj abrams I greatly enjoyed that movie and it was amazing I think
that one movie was better then all the other Star Trek movies combined.
becasue it didn't have that feel of claustrophobia and was fast, fun
and exciting.

As for Star Wars I always felt that is was far more open they don't
spend all there time on ships. Also I felt Star Wars was more imaginative
with thing like all its creatures and aliens, In Star Trek everyone looks
humanoid. In Star Wars you have bug guys, Lizard guys, people like the
gungans and all that fun stuff.
Also Star Wars has more "personality" where things look used ships
have dings and scratches, paint scuffs, things are hanging off them.
It makes it more realistic where Star Trek is all clean and smooth
and molded round plastic.

Also timeline wise, the fun thing of Star Wars is that it could be
happening right now somewhere out there is the depths of space
which is a really cool idea. where Star Trek is in humanities future
like what the 23rd century and beyond.

Also Star Wars has a very interesting "mystical" aspect to it that
also ads to its fun, where Star Trek is pretty much straight forward
Science Fiction.

In the end its like trying to compare apples and oranges they
are both similar but different also this debate is is similar to the
one fans fraught over for year which is better Marvel or DC?
both have there strengths and their weakness it all comes down
to a personal choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment